Workplace Eye Safety Tips
Did you know that 2,000 injuries are reported daily related to eye injuries in the workplace? That’s scary and most of these injuries could have been avoided. Here’s how to protect your eyes at work or when starting a new project:
- Know the eye safety dangers of the task or job and eliminate hazards before starting by using the right eye protection.
- Safety glasses, faceshield or goggles should be worn and fit properly so they can provide adequate protection.
- When working outdors, make sure your sunglasses block out 100% of UVA and UVB rays.
- Prevent digital eye strain with anti-glare screens or glasses that block harmful blue light.
- Follow the 20-20-20 rule. Every 20 minutes, take a 20-second break and focus your eyes on something at least 20 feet away.
- Make sure you schedule regular eye exams with your eye doctor. They will make sure your vision has not changed and can detect any eye issues early on in order to prevent vision problems down the road.